DHFWS Hooghly is seeking qualified candidates for the position of Community Health Assistant. As a Community Health Assistant, you will work closely with the community to promote health and wellness through education, counseling, and advocacy. Your primary responsibility will be to provide health education and awareness to the community, especially in the areas of maternal and child health, communicable diseases, and non-communicable diseases.
- Conduct health education and awareness sessions in the community on topics such as maternal and child health, communicable diseases, and non-communicable diseases
- Provide counseling and support to individuals and families on healthy lifestyles, disease prevention, and treatment options
- Assist in the implementation of health programs and initiatives, including immunization campaigns, health camps, and screening programs
- Collaborate with community leaders, NGOs, and other stakeholders to promote community health and wellness
- Collect and analyze data on health indicators and trends in the community
- Maintain accurate records and reports of community health activities and outcomes
- Participate in training and capacity-building programs to enhance skills and knowledge in community health
- Bachelor’s degree in Nursing, Public Health, or a related field
- Registered Nurse with the West Bengal Nursing Council
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in community health or public health
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Knowledge of local language and culture preferred
- Proficient in computer skills, including Microsoft Office and data management software
- Willingness to work in rural and underserved areas
Interested candidates should submit their application in the prescribed format along with all relevant documents by post or in person to the DHFWS Hooghly office. The last date for submission of applications is [insert date]. Shortlisted candidates will be invited for a written test and interview. No TA/DA will be paid for attending the interview.
Selected candidates will be offered a consolidated monthly remuneration of Rs. 10,000/-.
Note: This is a contractual position for a period of one year, which may be extended based on performance and project requirements.
To apply for this job please visit www.wbhealth.gov.in.