India Post invites applications for the recruitment of 30041 Gramin Dak Sevaks (GDS) for the posts of Branch Postmaster (BPM) and Assistant Branch Postmaster (ABPM). This is an excellent opportunity for enthusiastic individuals who wish to be part of India's postal network and serve their community.
The India Post Recruitment 2023 for Gramin Dak Sevak (BPM/ABPM) is currently open. There are a total of 30041 vacancies available across all India. The last date to apply is 23rd June 2023.
Department Name – India Post
Post Name – Gramin Dak Sevak (BPM/ABPM)
Jobs Location : Across India
Apply Mode: Online
Official Website: indiapost.gov.in
What is a Gramin Dak Sevak (BPM/ABPM)?
A Gramin Dak Sevak (BPM/ABPM) is a government employee who works in the Indian postal service. They are responsible for delivering mail and other postal services to people in rural areas. BPM stands for “Branch Post Master” and ABPM stands for “Assistant Branch Post Master”.
India Post Vacancy Details
|Circle Name||No of Posts|
|Jammu & Kashmir||300|
To be eligible for the Gramin Dak Sevak (BPM/ABPM) position, you must meet the following criteria:
- You must be a citizen of India.
- You must have passed the 10th class examination from a recognized board.
- You must be at least 18 years old and not more than 40 years old as on the 01st July 2023.
- You must have a valid driving license (if applicable).
Salary and Benefits
The salary and benefits for a Gramin Dak Sevak (BPM/ABPM) are as follows:
- Basic salary: Rs. 2295/- to Rs. 3635/-
- Dearness allowance: 28% of basic salary
- House rent allowance: 10% of basic salary
- Medical allowance: Rs. 1000/- per annum
- Leave travel allowance: Rs. 3000/- per annum
- Gratuity: 15 days’ salary for every completed year of service
How to Apply
To apply for the Gramin Dak Sevak (BPM/ABPM) position, you must visit the official website of India Post at indiapost.gov.in. You can also apply through the appost.in website.
The application process is as follows:
- Create an account on the India Post website or appost.in website.
- Fill out the application form and upload your scanned documents.
- Pay the application fee of Rs. 100/- for general category candidates and Rs. 50/- for SC/ST/PWD candidates.
- Submit your application form.
- Starting date of online application: 02nd May 2023
- Closing date of online application: 23rd June 2023
- Date of examination: 24th July 2023
How to Prepare for the Examination
The examination for the Gramin Dak Sevak (BPM/ABPM) position will consist of two parts: a written examination and a skill test.
The written examination will consist of questions on general knowledge, postal and banking knowledge, and mathematics. The skill test will consist of a practical test on operating a computer and a postal training test.
To prepare for the examination, you can refer to the following resources:
- The official website of India Post: indiapost.gov.in
- The appost.in website
- Books and study materials on general knowledge, postal and banking knowledge, and mathematics
The India Post Recruitment 2023 for Gramin Dak Sevak (BPM/ABPM) is a great opportunity for those who are looking for a government job in the postal service. The salary and benefits are good, and the job is relatively easy to get. If you are interested in applying, I suggest you start preparing for the examination as soon as possible.
- The official notification for the India Post Recruitment 2023 is available on the India Post website.
- You can also contact the India Post helpline at 1800 266 2666 for more information.
To apply for this job please visit indiapostgdsonline.gov.in.